Sign Up to Join Steve & Gretel's Waitlist and Get Free Resources
Emailed instantly is their webinar replay - Expanding your Farm or Garden: Growing in Structures
Growing Cut-Flower Crops in Hoop & Greenhouses
This course covers the entire process of growing cut-flowers in heated and unheated structures. It is for beginner growers without a house yet to seasoned growers that want to expand an existing operation with more crops, season extension, and better management.
Learn in this course:
- What type of structure to invest in, where to purchase and locate it
- How to extend production into the high demand seasons
- Where you can save money, energy, and time by following a plan
- To gain confidence in managing a structure with irrigation, netting, heating, ventilation, and more.
- What to grow, why and how to rotate crops
- How to tackle weeds, pests, and diseases
- Plus your questions answered in 7 live Q&A sessions with your instructors
- 6 weeks of classes that include over 16 hours of videos
- Each weekly class is made up of many video sessions
- PDF downloads and resources
- Live Q&A Group Coaching session on our private platform with Steve & Gretel that is recorded and added to the course library for viewing anytime
- Unlimited lifetime access to the entire course and its resources
- Optional Private Facebook Group for students to network with each other and to interact with instructors during the 6 week school period. After school is complete, students continue to be a member of the group and the instructors monitor for questions.
- The course will not be offered again until Fall 2022
- The course is self-paced, watch at your convenience
- Watch anytime
- School starts Wednesday, January 5, 2022, with Class 1 loading into your online library at 8 am ET
- Each Wednesday for the next 5 weeks an additional Class automatically loads for a total of 6 classes
- Each weekly class is approximately 2-3 hours of short videos plus resources
- Live Q&A Group Coaching Sessions are held on Tuesdays at 8 PM ET beginning January 11, 2022, for 6 regular sessions
- 1 additional BONUS Wrap-up Q&A session 2 weeks after the last class
- Watch How Online Courses Work
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn from Lisa about our online course style here.
- One Payment Option: This 6-week course is $595 with one payment at registration
- Payment Plan Option: credit card charged $317.50 at the time of registration with the 2nd and final payment of $317.50 automatically charged to your credit card 30 days later.
Money-back guarantee within 7-days of course going live with no questions asked. Details in the FAQ.
This course will be not be offered again until the Fall of 2021
How online courses work: Learn how you access courses from any device with internet, how you have lifetime unlimited access, the refund policy, and more here.
Meet Steve & Gretel Adam's
Steve and Gretel Adams started Sunny Meadows Flower Farm in 2006. It all started when they worked on a nearby farm and fell in love with flower farming. They developed a deep passion for farming and a strong drive to make their farming business the most efficient and profitable to provide a living for themselves and their team.
The farm is located in Columbus, Ohio in winter hardiness zone 6A. With 17 structures in production along with field growing they are able to produce flowers from March to November. Their ability to produce into the high demand flower shoulder seasons allows for extended sales and better year-round employee retention.
In the beginning, they sold straight bunches of sunflowers and zinnias. Then they added mixed bouquets and that’s when the obsession with flower artistry really began. They soon realized they could create a botanical adventure by using what’s seasonally in bloom, making their weekly bouquets ever-changing.
They have multiple sales outlets, and focus on both high production and specialty crops. Their passion drives their growth to supply more people with domestically-grown flowers as year-round as possible.
Being first generation farmers, they knew it was going to be necessary to learn from others. Through that journey and the resulting success, it has made them even more passionate to share their experiences and knowledge with the wider farming community.
Steve and Gretel speak at national conferences and are members of the Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers. They were regular contributors for Growing For Market magazine and other farming publications with over 30 articles published.
Sign-up for our Course News! to receive notifications when registration opens, interviews with our instructors, exclusive information, and more!
Sign-Up for Course News!
Don’t miss out on course registrations!
Sign-up to receive notifications when course registration opens, exclusive information from Steve & Gretel, and more!
Emailed instantly is Gretel & Steve's PDF: Favorite Ranunculus & Sources.
This course was by far one of my most valuable workshops. I am in my second year growing in hoop structure and all of the ins and outs of structure and growing is covered. Wish I had taken course a few years back. Gretel and Steve’s knowledge, experience, advice, mistakes, are all shared. Big 10 stars if there were that many to give. Worth the money and time! Thank you, thank you!!!
Best farm course I’ve ever taken. Great detail and insights. Videos and images backing up content. This course really takes you there. Steve and Gretel are generous with their wisdom. The course has filled in so many blanks for me.
Great course! Lot’s of very valuable “How to” information for tunnel flower farmers. I would highly recommend this course if you are thinking of growing in tunnels-heated or unheated. Thank you, Heidi Luck Luck of Bolton Farm, LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Difference in “On-Demand” and “School” Courses:
May I watch the courses more than once?
I live outside of the USA, may I purchase a course?
Can I watch my course right away?
How does the money back guarantee work?
How do I ask questions on the course subjects?
I love this course.
I’m a total beginner and just set up a brand new high tunnel. Now what? I was so overwhelmed and this course was perfect. I only wish I had taken it before I set up my system. But no worries, there are many right ways, many ways were discussed, and I now have ideas for future plans. Ok so the course gave so much more knowledge than I expected, everything from start to production. Every question I asked was answered in the live chat. I had to miss one of the live chats but it’s available now for viewing. I loved being able to do the coursework as I had time. I love that I can go back and view the videos anytime I want. I appreciated learning from growers who have experience, and basically gave me all of the knowledge, tips and tricks to succeed.
I have been growing in tunnels for some time now. Steve and Gretel have put together a solid course that – even I – got numerous pointers and tips from. I particularly like the way they have worked to expand and streamline operations, have found the best ways to maximize space, and have developed a solid schedule for the planting, growing and harvesting of many, various top-shelf crops. I met them several years ago and they have grown their farm exponentially in such a short time since. They are hard working, problem solving, righteous people that I admire greatly.
This course is definitely one that every flower farmer should take advantage of. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone back to re-hear things that I have learned (in the comfort of my own home) and it is so great to know that I will always be able to do this, anytime. A solid investment!!